Cleaner & Protectant for Microchannel Coils Protect your heat exchanger coils using QwikBright instead of just cleaning them. A blocked or filthy condenser coil can lower unit performance, raise compressor pressure ratio, accelerate corrosion, and diminish sub-cooling. However cleaning microchannel coils must be done with caution. Microchannel coil manufacturers advise only using a pH neutral cleaner and never using an acidic or alkaline cleaner, since any cleaner with a pH below 6 (acidic) or over 8 (alkaline) will hasten corrosion and cause coil leaks.
QwikBright is a neutral pH microchannel coil cleaning and protectant that is particularly created to swiftly penetrate and remove grease, filth, grime, lint, dirt, dust, and bugs while also imparting a protective coating. Yes, QwikBright has a molecular metal protectant to help prevent corrosion while maintaining thermal performance. QwikBright may be used indoors or outdoors on any type of microchannel heat exchanger, and it doesn't need to be rinsed when used on evaporators.
- Specially formulated for all aluminum microchannel heat exchangers
- Neutral PH
- Heavy Duty Foaming Action
- Improves Coil Efficiency
- Includes Metal Protectant to Extend Life
- For Indoor or Outdoor Use
- Super Concentrated... Mix 1 part QwikBright with 4 to 8 parts water
- Wear goggles, gloves, impenetrable protective clothes, and a full-face shield at all times.
- Make sure the unit is turned off and unplugged.
- Depending on the soil level of the coil, dilute to the specified dilution and apply with a low-pressure sprayer. USE HALF STRENGTH AT ALL TIMES. 1 part QwikBright to 4 parts water is the minimum dilution. Fill the sprayer with water first, then add QwikBright.
||1 part QwikBright to 8 parts water
||1 part QwikBright to 6 parts water
||1 part QwikBright to 4 parts water
- Spray the QwikBright and water solution onto the dirty microchannel coil and allow QwikBright to remain in contact with the dirty surfaces for 5 - 10 minutes.
- For condensers, rinse thoroughly with clean water. For evaporators, no rinsing is required.