Pedestal Fan PreVent Fan Guard Fan Shroud Air Filter
Processing plant workers, as well as items manufactured with heat, require air cooling. Recirculating pedestal fans may blow onto finished products, can also become covered in airborne contaminants throughout the motor, blades, and fan guards, and can potentially be blown back out into the facility.
The material of the Permatron fan shroud air filter attracts and holds particles before they enter the equipment, preventing particle build-up and blow-off onto finished products.
The fan shroud air filter is held firmly in place by an elastic edge attachment and hook/loop closure and fits snugly on the backside of a pedestal fan guard, covers the backside of the fan cage, and wraps around the motor encasement.
Fan Guard Fan Shroud Air Filter Solutions to prevent Food Contamination
Unfortunately, as the necessary fans circulate cool air throughout the facility, they also spread undesirable particles throughout the air, increasing the possibility of cross-contaminating processed food.
Recognizing that Permatron PreVent equipment protection bonnet style filters or fan shrouds would enable the facility to pass the AIB audit, each air circulator fan was fitted with a filter.
- Reduce fan maintenance, repair and downtime
- AIB Safety Audit and Inspection Guidelines used in food processing plants include the installation of Dust Collection and Filtering Devices to prevent thread, lint, and fiber contamination of food products. A facility can pass the AIB audit by using bonnet filters or fan shrouds.
- Dry type non-woven polyester thickness .25”; initial air flow resistance .06 in” w.g.
- Tack type heavy duty non-woven polyester thickness .50”; initial air flow resistance 0.11 in w.g.
- Uniform blue coating of tackifier spray bonded onto fibers for higher dust holding