Honeywell F50F1149 Parts
|12½ x 20||16 x 20||16 x 25||20 x 20||20 x 25|
Where is my F50F Model Number
Order parts based on your model number. The F50 model number is located on the inside of the door.
Otherwise order parts based on the overall size of your cells. The F50F came in 5 sizes. The smallest model has on cell 12½x20. The two cell models are 16"x20", 16"x25", 20"x20", 20"x25".
If your air cleaner was manufactured by a different company and looks like ouu photos, then it is a Honeywell air cleaner. Honeywell also had an earlier F50E that was similar. The most noticeable difference between the F50F and the earlier F50E is the size of the powerbox. The F50F power box runs the full length from front to back. The F50E power box is half the length.
The F300 is identical to the F50F but with different paint color.
Prefilter and Postfilter Upgrade
Permatron manufacturers the prefilters for the brand name electronic air cleaners. Permatron also manufactures a premium line of electrostatic prefilters and activated carbon filters. Permatron has engineered filter upgrades for the F50F & F300 utilizing the latest advancements in filtration technology.
Simple Power Supply Test Procedure
- The neon indicator light is not coming on
- The cells never spark
- Power box switch is ON
- Door is tight in place
- Blower is ON
- Verify Power is Present.
Unplug the power box cord and operate a drop-light in the 3-prong receptacle verifying an acceptable voltage and current.
- Check for Shorted Cells
A shorted cell can prevent the indicator light from coming on. Remove both cells, with door back in place operate without cells. If the unit now appears OK with indicator light ON, then the cells have a problem.
- Operate without cells
- Check cells for broken wires
- Check cells for bent plates
- Check with one cell at a time (align cell with contacts)
- Replace or Repair Power Box.
If the power box is plugged in to 120v and the Neon indicator still does not light without the cells, then the problem is in the power box.
- Check the on/off switch, interlock door switch and wiring.
- Bypass the Air Flow Switch (AFS), The AFS is a sensor that signals the power supply when air flow is present. Disabling the AFS will simulate the ON state. Using a jumper wire, ground AFS resistor to the chassis, see AFS Tech Notes.
- Replace Air Flow Switch, if the Neon indicator lights and unit appears to work with the AFS disabled.
- Replace Power Supply, if the Neon indicator does not light with the AFS disabled and no cells to short the output.
- Neon problem, is not likely if test button does not spark. The neon lamp voltage should measure 125 vdc.
F50F to F300A Quick Parts Swap
You need to replace your F50F1149 power box and would like a spare pair of cells. For the best value consider buying a new F300E1001.
All the Parts from a new F300A or F300E are fully interchangeable with any prior F50F of the same size. You can swap over the power box, cells, prefilters, and door to your F50F frame. The power box mounts with two screws and comes with 120v cord.
12½ x 20
16 x 20
16 x 25
20 x 20
20 x 25
F50F Series Part Number List
F50F - Determining Series One or Two
Choosing the replacement power box may be dependent on the series. If you do NOT have the optional wall mounted Remote Performance indicator (W8600F), the series does not matter.
Power Box Series Two
Power Box Series One
Warranty on Replacement Parts
The Honeywell warranty for F50 Replacement Parts is 2 years from the date of purchase. Our customers simply need to ship us the defective part. We test and confirm defective. We then ship back a brand new part at no charge.