The Model 5000 whole house Electronic Air Cleaner, a market pioneer, is Aprilaire's most effective design. Combines electrostatic technology with a conventional air filter. Only one annual maintenance visit is necessary for the Model 5000. Includes patented, ground-breaking "electrically enhanced air filtration" technology, which offers a special blend of electronic and media ai cleaner properties to remove 98% of airborne particles as small as 0.1 micron. These are minuscule particles, 100 times smaller than a human hair, such as:
- Allergens such as pollen, dust, dust mites, mold, ragweed, and pet dander
- Airborne bacteria, viruses, and germs
- Smoke and other particle-based fumes
Maximum airflow capacity of 2000 CFM. The Media 501
MERV 10 Air Filter Media performs similarly to MERV 15 when used properly with the Model 5000 Air Cleaner according to performance testing conducted in accordance with AHRI 680 Standard.
The Aprilaire 5000 does not include an air flow sensor. The air flow sensor would turn on the 5000 only then there is air flow. New furnaces provide a 120v connection to power an air cleaner only when the blower is running (see the schematic pasted on the inside of your blower compartment). The optional Model 51
could otherwise be used.
The Aprilaire 5000 is rated #1 by the leading product magazine for 3 years running.
- Captures and kills particles less than a micron in size (up to 120 times smaller than a human hair)
- Performs 24 hours a day or on demand
- Prevents dust build up in your house
- Maximizes the life of your heating and cooling equipment
- Improves energy savings by keeping your HVAC equipment clean
- Requires maintenance just once a year
- Traps 99% of airborne pollen, mold, and spore-sized particles
- Eliminates 98% of airborne bacteria-sized particles and fungi
- Removes 98% of pet dander and respirable dust, which can trigger asthma
- Captures 95% of airborne particles the size of tobacco smoke and smog
- Removes up to 80% of airborne virus-sized particles and ultra-fine particles, down to 0.01 micron in size, unlike other air purifiers
- Silent operation — none of the "snapping" or "popping" that's common with plate-type EACs
- Minimal maintenance required — simply replace media annually and wipe off internal components
- Made of corrosion-resistant heavy gauge galvanized steel
- 5-year warranty on cabinet from date of installation
- Unit is equipped with 6 foot grounded cord with plug
- Consumes less than 50 watts with high voltage active
- Offers equipment protection from dust buildup
- Superior performance over one inch panel filters and four inch cartridge filters
- No washing of collector cells
- More than 72 square feet of filtering media
- Unlike other electronic air cleaners, there is never a need for the frequent and time-consuming cleaning or washing of collector cells
New Aprilaire Event Based Control
The Aprilaire 5000 is no longer
equipped with the Aprilaire 8476
event based control due global shortage of silicon chips.
Aprilaire 8476 is a programmable thermostat offering temperature and fresh air management in a quality digital control. Universal aplication for both standard and heat pump systems. Easy to program and helps save up to 30% of energy cost. Convenient 5/1/1 day
or 5/2 day programming
lets you customize your weekday and weekend schedule based on your needs.
Allows you to clean your air on your terms:
When paired with an aprilaire whole-house air purifier, the Event-Based™ Air Cleaning circulates air throughout your home periodically throughout the day or for a specific period of time to provide greater comfort through cleaner air and more even temperatures.
Additional Features and Benefits
- A large 4.5 square-inch LCD Screen with a high-contrast, backlit display for easy reading.
- Progressive recovery ensures your home is always at your desired temperature by activating the heating and cooling equipment prior to a scheduled setting.
- Easy-to-use temperature control and the ability to override the program schedule at any time.
- Simultaneous temperature display of room temperature, temperature setting and outdoor temperature, in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Service reminders for your HVAC system, humidifier, dehumidifier and air filter protect your equipment and ensure the longevity of your investment.
- Permanent memory maintains programming, time and date during a power outage.
- Simple setup menu for activating optional features.